Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

WMI Data Reader Task - Access Denied - remote Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:48 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:58 AM
Hi folks

SSIS - 2008 R2 on a Windows 7 machine accessing a remote server - which I think is 2003.

I'm trying to run a WMI Data Reader Task to get sub folders from a specified directory.

This simply generates a [WMI Data Reader Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))".

I'm using a service account - svc-remoteServer. If I put in the server, account name and password into the WMI connection and test - it works fine.

If I run wbemtest.exe and connect to the remote server as the service account, and execute the query - it works fine and returns all subfolders. It just won't work when I execute the Task.
I've tried specifying the username, password and server name. I've also tried specifying the connection string - as follows

ServerName=\\remoteServer;Namespace=\root\cimv2;UseNtAuth=False;UserName=DOMAIN\svc-remoteServer;PassWord=xxxxxxxx

Any ideas?

Post #1407730
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse