Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Changing SSAS instance from stand-alone to cluster Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:09 PM
Hello,

I have a 2 node Active/Passive cluster mounted in Windows Server 2008 R2. Currently on the active node there's a SQL Server DB Engine instance running. SQL Server DB Engine and SSAS is 2008 R2.

On the passive node SSAS is installed as Stand-alone and not clustered. What I want to do is the following

1. Is it possible to make the stand-alone SSAS instance clusterable?

2. Is it possible to install a new instance of SSAS on that existing 2 node cluster as a separate resource?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Post #1403930
Posted Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:30 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:34 AM
b.ammad (1/7/2013)
Hello,

I have a 2 node Active/Passive cluster mounted in Windows Server 2008 R2. Currently on the active node there's a SQL Server DB Engine instance running. SQL Server DB Engine and SSAS is 2008 R2.

On the passive node SSAS is installed as Stand-alone and not clustered. What I want to do is the following

1. Is it possible to make the stand-alone SSAS instance clusterable?

2. Is it possible to install a new instance of SSAS on that existing 2 node cluster as a separate resource?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You will need to install a new instance as a clustered application and if required uninstall the stand alone instance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1404037
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse