Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How to set the condition based on Data flow task? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:37 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:23 AM
Hi Friends,

I have a scenario that i am loading data into a table. After that i am getting the maximum value of the primary key and i will update into a Counter table using Execute SQL task. My need is if the data flow task does not insert any records it should not go to the next joined Execute SQL task. So how can i set the condition?

please help me friends. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Charmer
Post #1401812
Posted Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:02 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:05 AM
before each load of data set a variable say (RowsLoaded) to -1 or some arbitrary value then use a rowcount and assign the value to the variable when loading your data and after the load on the control flow use a expression and condition to test for success and the variable being > 0 then action the update.

hope this helps guide you.

I know it is not a fully detailed explanation so if you need any more help let me know.
Post #1401822
Posted Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:43 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:23 AM
Terry300577 (1/2/2013)
before each load of data set a variable say (RowsLoaded) to -1 or some arbitrary value then use a rowcount and assign the value to the variable when loading your data and after the load on the control flow use a expression and condition to test for success and the variable being > 0 then action the update.

hope this helps guide you.

I know it is not a fully detailed explanation so if you need any more help let me know.

Thank you so much Terry...It works

Thanks,
Charmer
Post #1401846
Posted Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:28 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:05 AM
nice one, glad to be of help.
Post #1401872
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse