Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

New in this world.. no experience and no knowledge Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:16 PM
Hi guys :) my name is Fabrizio and i'm from italy :) i work in a IT company here in italy, and i'm network & server administrator for cisco and microsoft. My boss has told me to learn sql server 2008, but i haven't knowledge and no experience in this field :/ i have seen this book from mcitp certification: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-432 and http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-450 ...

i can begin with this book? which for first? i don't know how to begin :/ please help me to enter in this new world..

thank you :)

Fabrizio
Post #1400844
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 5:02 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 6:08 AM
Start with the 70-432 book, it's less advanced than 70-450. However, those books primarily focus on administration, and not on developing (TSQL et cetera).

You could also start with this book:
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Step by Step

You can also start with SQL Server 2012 and get up to date with all the latest features.
Try to get your hands on a developer edition and try things out yourself.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1400874
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 12:40 PM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, November 18, 2013 4:48 PM
Hi Fabrizio,
I taught myself SQL with the help of some really great resources. I've found an instructor to be extremely helpful in explaining the in's and out's...Scott Whigham of Learn It First has a variety of instructional videos and they are very reasonably priced. If you want a preview of his teaching methods he has quite of few free videos on YouTube under the account LearnItFirst.

Dana

"Drats! Foiled again!"
Post #1401018
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 1:16 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:04 PM
fabri8989 (12/28/2012)
Hi guys :) my name is Fabrizio and i'm from italy :) i work in a IT company here in italy, and i'm network & server administrator for cisco and microsoft. My boss has told me to learn sql server 2008, but i haven't knowledge and no experience in this field :/ i have seen this book from mcitp certification: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-432 and http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-450 ...

i can begin with this book? which for first? i don't know how to begin :/ please help me to enter in this new world..

thank you :)

Fabrizio

Instead books , I would suggest get trained from a SQL server Trainer who can also clarify the issues or doubts you get and then follow a book will be easy.

--SQLFRNDZ
Post #1401033
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 1:19 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 5:21 AM
fabri8989 (12/28/2012)
Hi guys :) ..... My boss has told me to learn sql server 2008, but i haven't knowledge and no experience in this field

A question for you...why has the boss told you to learn SQL?

What is it the boss is expecting of you?

Post #1401036
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 1:37 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

@ Koen Verbeeck = thank you very much :)

@ danawexler = thank you dana :) but i need a book or videotutorial because i don't understand english very well, i'm italian :) and if i do private lesson, i beleive that i will not understand nothing xD :) but if i have book or videotraining, i can review chapter and lesson everytime that i want..

@SQLFRNDZ = thank you :) maybe i will listen your help.. maybe i need a private instructor ( italian xD )

@ J Livingston SQL = i don't know xD he tell me to learn sql server because is essential for this company..

thank you guys!!! :)
Post #1401044
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 1:58 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:19 AM
Hi Fabrizio,
AppDev has nice DVD's. I bought set of SQL Server 2005,2008 3 years ago.Very helpful.
Post #1401054
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 2:20 PM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, November 18, 2013 4:48 PM
fabrizio, it is a vid tutorial series so you could take it at your own pace.

Dana

"Drats! Foiled again!"
Post #1401057
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 2:28 PM
Forum Newbie

Hi Fabrizio,
AppDev has nice DVD's. I bought set of SQL Server 2005,2008 3 years ago.Very helpful.

really? can you give me link url of this course DVD?

thank you
Post #1401061
Posted Friday, December 28, 2012 2:28 PM
Forum Newbie

danawexler (12/28/2012)
fabrizio, it is a vid tutorial series so you could take it at your own pace.

Ah ok.. and for information about price, hours of lesson and other inform?
Post #1401063
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse