Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Problem In ssis Job creation Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:35 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:50 AM
Sorry, but I'm lost now. Are we talking about sysadmin on ssisadmin (never heard of that)? What do you mean by "it leaves the network drive"? Could you post the relevant rows from your Profiler trace, please?

John
Post #1395068
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:44 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:38 AM
Sorry my fault
for sysadmin permission it does not search for Drive that are available on my
organisations network but for SQLAgentOperatorrole it searches for drives on my network.
Post #1395090
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:52 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:50 AM
OK, I think what I'm about to say is right, but you may want to check it. When you run a job as a login that's a member of sysadmin, it runs in the context of the SQL Server Agent service account. When you run a job as a login that isn't sysadmin, it runs in the context of whatever you're logged in as. That must be why it's scanning the drives you have mapped when you're not sysadmin, but not doing so when you are. You'll need to find a way to provided a list of UNC locations for the job to scan.

John
Post #1395098
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse