Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Dynamic columns SSRS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 11:24 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 20, 2014 5:03 AM
Please check the attachment.in my SSRS report i can hide/display Months columns based on input parameter "columns. "Total" column should dynamically add the selected month values only.now its adding all the months values irrespective of selection.

Post Attachments 
SSRS.JPG (24 views, 130.55 KB)
Post #1388961
Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:00 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:23 AM
I beleive you are getting all the months data into dataset. Total calculation will calculate all the months column be coz , you're jus setting the visibility is false. Why can't you use the month parameter to get only required months alone in the dataset instead of hiding the columns. Here how are you populating the column headings? Is it dynamic or static?

You can create a table with Months and select left outer join with your dataset month column. In this query you can add a filter condtion. This way, report data set will have only the selected month's data and total will come correctly.
Post #1389067
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse