Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Stored Procedure Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:22 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 9:38 AM
edward_hall76 (11/13/2012)
ok. where I work not all people know how to write tsql code and if they mess up the tsql they do not know how to fix it is why using theymuse the proc GUI. I just though there might be away of getting the GUI to reopen after running it without having to right click on the proc

That is extremely bad idea to give "people who doesn't know how to write t-sql code" access to SSMS. Are you going to install it on every user workstation?
You should create some UI application which will execute stored proc. Users, don't even need to know how to do it via SSMS...

How to post your question to get the best and quick help
Post #1384152
Posted Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:25 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 2:30 AM
Is the code not in the window about the results?

eg, I just right clicked and ran this sp. Above the results window I can see
USE [Reporting1213]
GO

DECLARE @return_value int

EXEC @return_value = [dbo].[Finance_AvB_Accom_Summary]
@tomonth = N'October'

SELECT 'Return Value' = @return_value

GO

If I want September, I change October to September. Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?

Bex
Post #1384156
Posted Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:33 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 9:55 AM
ok. where I work not all people know how to write tsql code and if they mess up the tsql they do not know how to fix it is why using theymuse the proc GUI. I just though there might be away of getting the GUI to reopen after running it without having to right click on the proc

for end users, you create an application, or a web page, or some custom front end that runs the procedure on their behalf.

the GUI needs to provide them with the limited input that is appropriate for their needs...drop down menus for values, for example.

that application needs to validate data entered, and be ready to report results as well as report any errors that occurred to the end user.

there's always work involved when releasing a functionality to end users.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1384162
Posted Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:47 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:25 PM
ok will have to refresh my self on php.
Post #1384172
Posted Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:57 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:24 AM
Eugene Elutin (11/13/2012)

That is extremely bad idea to give "people who doesn't know how to write t-sql code" access to SSMS. Are you going to install it on every user workstation?
You should create some UI application which will execute stored proc. Users, don't even need to know how to do it via SSMS...

The above is the correct answer! I can't imagine giving end-users access to SSMS...I don't even like giving SSMS access to some of my developers!

Post #1384794
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse