Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Recent experiences with SQL 2008 Administration training providers in CA Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:00 AM
Wanted to see if there were any recommendations for classroom training, SQL 2008 R2 administration in California - global knowledge, new horizons, etc.?
Post #1379101
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:54 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 11:38 AM
I just finished a 5 day SQL2k8 administration class from New Horizons.

I liked it. My preference was in-person training with an instructor but that's hard to find in my area plus I had to use New Horizons b/c we had vouchers.

The instructor knew his stuff and it covered what I would consider topics that spilled in to a developer role more than an administration role but not much and I liked that.

My only issue is the speed - it can be slow. Their instructors speak sloooooooooooooowly and they give more time than needed for the labs but we managed to cover all the material.

Mark

Post #1379127
Posted Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:08 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 2:35 PM
I took the mentored training at New Horizons and I liked that a lot. Had the video training in the classroom and got to go as fast or as slow as I needed and had an instructor there for any clarification and questions. It was also cheaper.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Hahn - Future MCM 2025
Right way to ask for help!!
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
I post so I can see my avatar
I want a personal webpage
I want to win the lotto
I want a gf like Tiffa
Post #1379290
Posted Tuesday, November 06, 2012 9:50 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:00 AM
Thanks for the input - also wondering if anyone has any experience with Unitek - they're offering a 6-day somewhat certificate oriented 'bootcamp' but I haven't heard much about them as most of the people I know have been using NH and Global Knowledge. And experience with this company?
Post #1381650
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse