Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Multiple sql servers to a single mirror Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:36 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:59 AM
Hi,

It seems the answer is no to this but I would like to confirm this.

I have three SQL 2005 servers and I would like to setup data base mirroring. Can I get one server and then create mirrors for all three SQL servers on a single server?

Thanks.
Post #1375141
Posted Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:53 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:36 PM
The way i'm reading it the scenario you have described is possible. You will have 3 principal instances with a principal database on each that use the 4th server as a mirror instance is that correct?

What you can't do is have 1 principal mirroring a database out to 3 mirror instances, this is only possible with AlwaysOn groups in SQL Server 2012.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1375151
Posted Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:06 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:59 AM
Thanks for your answer. Yes, you understood correctly. I actually spent few hours to create this in my lab and yes, I managed to create the mirrors for three different database (from multiple servers) to one server.

Thanks again.
Post #1375176
Posted Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:52 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:36 PM
No problem

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1375182
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse