Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Problem with write access for Windows users on SQL 2008 R2 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 15, 2012 5:49 PM
Hi,

I am having strange issue with my SQL 2008 R2 Server. We have an active-active cluster with 2 different instances running on it. On one of the instance which is installed recently, when I add windows users and assign db_reader & db_writer permissions but users are not able to write anything to database. We have similar setup in another location where everything works fine as expected. I have compared all permissions and roles. It is not a complex permissions to miss anything. No problem for users with sysadmin permissions.

At the moment I don't have any clue whats wrong? Is SQL 2008 R2 installation could be corrupted or some components missing?? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Post #1372044
Posted Friday, October 12, 2012 10:26 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:47 AM
Can you check the DB if those users are disabled?
Post #1372269
Posted Friday, October 12, 2012 11:13 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

User is newly added and I can login to the database with the same user ID. Only problem is with write access to the database. When I check the error details, it says you are not the database owner.
Post #1372403
Posted Monday, October 15, 2012 11:56 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:47 AM
Can you check if the user has added to the role

db_denydatawriter
Post #1372861
Posted Monday, October 15, 2012 5:49 PM
Forum Newbie

I have already checked it and confirmed that only db_reader, db_writer & public were selected
Post #1372994
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse