Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

STUFF & ISNULL Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:50 PM
Hi,

I'm new in SQL Server, i want the working process of STUFF & ISNULL. How it works & how it concatenate the row level data into a single data? Please...

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mohammed Mubarak.
Post #1369730
Posted Monday, October 8, 2012 5:53 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 12:51 AM
mubarak.a (10/8/2012)
Hi,

I'm new in SQL Server, i want the working process of STUFF & ISNULL. How it works & how it concatenate the row level data into a single data? Please...

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mohammed Mubarak.

Books Online is a good place to start - and post back with any specific questions you may have afterwards.

STUFF
ISNULL

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1369740
Posted Monday, October 8, 2012 6:02 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:58 AM
mubarak.a (10/8/2012)
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mohammed Mubarak.

Concatenation generally involves more than simply STUFF and ISNULL. Can you post an example of the type of query you are referring to?

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1369744
Posted Monday, October 8, 2012 6:15 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 12:17 PM
mubarak.a (10/8/2012)
Hi,

Look at: http://johnnycoder.com/blog/2006/09/05/concatenate-multiple-rows-into-a-single-string/

HTH,
Rob
Post #1369759
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse