Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

How to know if connection can be made to SQL 2008 R2 in my case? Thanks. Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:58 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:18 AM
I have made the udl working and got the right connection string:
Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=AOR;Data Source=ISCSGCSTEST1\SQL_SGCS

When I used it in web.config, the page returns:
Keyword not supported: 'provider'.

I then dropped off the provider part:

connectionString="Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=AOR;Data Source=ISCSGCSTEST1\SQL_SGCS"/>

But I still got this error message:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

This is driving me nut!
Post #1362400
Posted Friday, September 21, 2012 5:15 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:18 AM
Although no more replies here, I figured it out together with my colleague.

One thing that went wrong was the UDP port 1434 should be open instead of 1433.

Another thing I corrected is Windows Authentication for the website was not enabled (but that shouldn't affect the IIS can't locate the SQL server/instance)

This is still a very strange case.

Anyway, it is working now. Not fun but OK because I learn some lesson and I want to share with you guys here.

Post #1363040
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse