Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Dress Like Steve Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:35 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:53 PM
OCTom (9/19/2012)
Great picture Steve. I couldn't quite find you but then I noticed the cowboy hat.

LOL, I forgot that was in there.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1361342
Posted Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:55 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 29, 2014 10:04 AM
Steve,

Excuse the tangent. I like you have the choice to dress as I feel appropriate. Early on I also worked in a place where the Office Staff had to dress with slacks and collars. I dressed in jeans and a shirt collared or not, no one ever called me on it. Today about the only time I put on slacks and a collar is when I speak to the public or present at a conference. Those I work with know that it is not what you wear but what you do that is important. FYI other than when I was attending a funeral during work hours the last time I wore a tie to work was probably over 35 years ago.

A friend told me that one time during the Korean War that they had to polish their shoes, and wear freshly cleaned and starched uniforms in the foxholes during monsoon season for an inspection by the General. I equate wearing a tie with that same level of silliness.

M

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!
Post #1361465
Posted Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:56 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 1:59 PM
Easy - peasy; you're the one in red pants...
Post #1361579
Posted Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:12 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, August 29, 2014 8:01 AM
Well, I am the odd man out on this topic; I voluntarily wear a tie and sport coat to work every day. Now, I don't mind that other people prefer more casual attire at all. But for me, I feel... more work-oriented when I wear shirt and tie. It has taken on a sort of "uniform" aspect for me, and it helps me establish that separation between "work mode" and "personal mode".

I will say, however, that I do believe some places have gotten somewhat out of hand. While I don't believe you have to wear a tie to act or be treated professionally, I generally don't want to see your underwear hanging out. And holes in your clothes? Unless you're doing something physical, or you come in after hours, holes are just something that don't need to be there.

Now get off my lawn.
Post #1363950
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse