Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

LSAlert job fails in job activity monitor in both DC & DR (Primary & secondary) servers in logshipping Expand / Collapse
Author
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 9:23 AM
HI,

1. LSAlert job fails in job activity monitor in both DC & DR (Primary & secondary) servers in logshipping

2. While manualy executing it is failing and msg in hisroty is "[[r] database] has backup threshold of 60 minutes and not performed a backup log operation "

3. Except this all my LSBackup jobs and LSCopy & LSRestore jobs are executing succes fully

4. In which conditions this type of issue comes and how to get reid of this and make the alerts working properly in both DC & DR

Thanks & regards
NAGA.ROHITKUMAR

Thanks
Naga.Rohitkumar
Post #1353400
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 3:19 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, October 13, 2014 6:42 AM
What is the frequency of your backups, copies and restores?

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1353407
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 3:38 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

HI, Anthony
Its 5mins for each

1. same issue came early for two database at that time i performed manaul Full backup using GUI and restore in secondary with (leave the database in read-only mode)
2. later i executed manualy LSbackup job in primary and LScopy and LSrestore in secondary
3. refresh the primary and secondary then issue solved and the LSAlerts in Primary and Secondary excuting normaly "I don't know this is correct or not but it happend"

4. ivl monitor for some more time if the same continues ivl reconfigure the logshipping

5. but before that i want to know the actuall technical reason for this ,It may happen again in future its not right to reconfigure logshipping always

Thanks&Regards
NAGA.ROHITKUMAR

Thanks
Naga.Rohitkumar
Post #1353412
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 4:02 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 1:11 PM
naga.rohitkumar (9/3/2012)
HI,

1. LSAlert job fails in job activity monitor in both DC & DR (Primary & secondary) servers in logshipping

2. While manualy executing it is failing and msg in hisroty is "[[r] database] has backup threshold of 60 minutes and not performed a backup log operation "

3. Except this all my LSBackup jobs and LSCopy & LSRestore jobs are executing succes fully

4. In which conditions this type of issue comes and how to get reid of this and make the alerts working properly in both DC & DR

Thanks & regards
NAGA.ROHITKUMAR

Although the jobs are marked as executed successfully, thoroughly check the output for each step of each job, you'll likely find there are some errors. Post detail of these for us to help you further

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1353422
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 5:38 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

HI,
As u mentioned i checkd the logs in sqlserver and event viewer
even after all jobs are executed success fully i got this mesage
the error message is : Logshipping secondary database has restore threshold 45 minutes and it is out of sync.no restoer was performed 2464 minutes. Restore latency is 10 minutes

Thanks & regards
NAGA.ROHITKUMAR

Thanks
Naga.Rohitkumar
Post #1353463
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 5:40 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, October 13, 2014 6:42 AM
are you setting the force disconnect of users on the restore to ensure that the database can be restored, otherwise if a user is connected to the database SQL cannot restore the log.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1353464
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 6:17 AM

SSCertifiable

naga.rohitkumar (9/3/2012)
HI,
As u mentioned i checkd the logs in sqlserver and event viewer
even after all jobs are executed success fully i got this mesage
the error message is : Logshipping secondary database has restore threshold 45 minutes and it is out of sync.no restoer was performed 2464 minutes. Restore latency is 10 minutes

Thanks & regards
NAGA.ROHITKUMAR

For some reason logs are not being restored. Anthony has already provided one reason, are you taking log backups outside of the LS plan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #1353486
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 6:17 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Hi,
I did not set any force disconnect of database or users actualy iam practicing DC - DR drill(switch over and switch back ) in my laptop to gain knowledge

In my company mostly logshipping with cluster is in use among them one server is having DC-DR i configured same in my laptop

Thanks
Naga.Rohitkumar
Post #1353487
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 6:21 AM

SSCertifiable

please check the rssults of the following query when executed against your secondary database and post them back

exec sp_help_log_shipping_secondary_database
@secondary_database = 'secondary_database'

Post #1353488
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 10:34 PM
Mr or Mrs. 500

HI,
as u said earlier the logs are not restored for one database sothat the LSAlert job failed in both primary and secondary

i have checkd the same and reconfigured the logshipping now its working
thanks for ur immense support iam following this site daily it is a platform to gain knowledge and clear doubts who wont say to us but we are getting solutions in 5mins through sqlservercentral

Thanks & Regards
NAGA.ROHITKUMAR

Thanks
Naga.Rohitkumar
Post #1353700
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse