Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database removed from instance by automatically Expand / Collapse
Posted Friday, August 17, 2012 7:04 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 4:39 AM

I have recevied call from user side, they want change server side collation name in development server. I had done, after that database every thing removed from instance and fresh instance installed by the command.

but i took backup, login before run that command, it was safe me these backup and login script.

attached all database run the login.

Does these command behaviour fresh instance will be installed with SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS? once changed sever side collation.

Post #1346517
Posted Friday, August 17, 2012 7:13 AM

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 3:16 PM
rebuilding the database creates a fresh master, and would not retain the links to teh databases that were there previously.

fortunately for you, the MDF/LDF's will still be in place onthe drives, so you just have to attach them; browse for the mdf files and attatch them one by one.
also, note that all your logins , any linked servers, and any users/roles that used to live in master would be gone and you need to recreate them.

also, changing the collation of the master database does not auto-magically change the collation for databases, or the collation of each varchar/char/nvarchar/nchar/text colaltion in any of those databases;
those have to be fixed individually.

help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!
Post #1346525
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse