Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Marketing Data is Exploding Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:04 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:41 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Marketing Data is Exploding

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1345640
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:50 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 26, 2014 5:00 AM
It's interesting now that businesses have to be more aware of how they treat individual clients. Previously, it didn't matter as much to the company if a client "got the shaft"; even though they may spread the word to some friends, the reach was relatively limited. We've all heard that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" - now, the squeaky wheel is so much louder and will reach so many more potential clients. I think this is a good thing. I personally always want the client I am working with to be satisfied, or at least aware that I did everything within my power to address their issues. Now - to read the article about how GM is using this data, so I can see how I can use this at work! Thanks as always for the insights.
Post #1345869
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:42 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:47 AM
Excellent points, Lisee.

Social Media tools like Twitter have democratized communication, migrating mass communication from the few to the many; the people formerly known as the audience.

:{>

Andy Leonard
CSO, Linchpin People
Follow me on Twitter: @AndyLeonard
Post #1345901
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:43 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, November 1, 2013 1:47 PM
Social media like democrazy just highlights that well know fact that we humans are ignorant, self absorbed, self-centered animals barely able to coexist and highly likely to blow ourselves and the planet up very soon. It all pays the same, so if they want me to comb the data they collect from the ignorant masses using social media, no problemo.

I am introducing a Virtual Social Media Cloud end ofthe world app sevice offering soon.
Post #1346076
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:24 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:03 PM
thadeushuck (8/16/2012)
Social media like democrazy just highlights that well know fact that we humans are ignorant, self absorbed, self-centered animals barely able to coexist and highly likely to blow ourselves and the planet up very soon.

I am kind of reminded of an old Bernard Meltzer quote here:

"“Before you speak, ask yourself if what you are going to say is absolutely true for everyone besides yourself. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be probably left unsaid.”

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ..."
Post #1346219
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:14 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:15 PM
Even my sisters two dogs are on Facebook.
Post #1346318
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse