Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

MDF file header corruption Expand / Collapse
Author
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:13 PM
Hi All,

Is there any way if mdf file header is corrupted. Can we extracted data from it. Is there any workaround to pull out data,.

Had it been a log file header corruption at least we can rebuilt the log. But i see a mdf itself is corrupted and there is no backups available of one my clients. I dont knw how they are maintaining those database. The database size is 45 Gigs. There are in RTM sql 2005. Its nasty.

Out of my curosity, i just wanted to know is there any any way can we fetch data and load it a temp database atleast.

Error: 5172, Severity: 16, State: 15.

The header for file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\dbname.mdf' is not a valid database file header. The PageAudit property is incorrect.

Any suggestions will be great help.

Thanks in Advance.
Post #1343730
Posted Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:13 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 8:47 AM
That one's fatal, not repairable in any way and there's no way to get that DB open.

You can try buying a 3rd party data recovery tool and hope that they live up to their promise (many don't)

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1343766
Posted Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:09 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:13 PM
Thanks Gail.
Post #1343810
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:28 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:10 AM
Agree with GilaMonster,

In this case, you should try third party SQL repair software. You can easily search these tools on Google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=sql+repair+software

SQL Database Recovery Expert
Post #1344532
Posted Friday, August 31, 2012 3:19 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, April 5, 2013 4:48 AM
Hi,
you can recover your MDF File with the help of a third party data recovery software there so many you can choose one of them
Kernel for SQL Databse
Recoveryfix for SQL Database
Post #1352657
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse