Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

DB Down Alert Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:52 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 2:17 AM

Hi All,

Can you please help me out from this..

Client is asking me to setup some scripts on SQl Server 2000 as follows..

Setup script to monitor necessary items, such as
1* space usage
2* DB down
for SQL Server 2000

I have script but which are only working on 2005 [when ever Database goes offline and Space usage alerts].But in SQl server 2000, I didn't get these type of scripts in any of the sites.Please help me on this..

Thanks in Advance,
Vamshi.
Post #1338679
Posted Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:13 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:44 PM
There is a large variety of ways to do this, but I imagine there are some constraints in your environment.

Post #1338689
Posted Thursday, August 2, 2012 2:13 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:50 AM
a Server being down or a Database being down does not in itself raise an alert, so your script would have to execute regularly, and check against a list of known servers, and databases on those servers.

It could be something as simple as a scheduled task, or if you have it, get MOM/SCOMM to do it for you.

I have not used SQL 2000 in quite a while, but if you have a script for sql2005, you should be able to reverse engineer it for SQL 2000 with a little googling.

Rather than ask folks here to create a script for you, why dont you post your SQL 2005 script and people can advise what you need to change to make it SQL2000 compatable.
Post #1338998
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse