Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

An error occurred while executing batch. Error message is: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 7:48 AM
Hi,

I am geting this error when I try to run a quer through SSMS.

Table got 23000 records and SQL srever max memoy assigned 3024.

Thank you in Advance,
Krishna
Post #1327666
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:57 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:54 AM
Are you running SSMS locally or on the server.

Which ever it is that system doesnt have enough free memory to display the result set.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1328149
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:13 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Thank you for your reply. Same issue even if I try from loacl or RDP.
Evene I have ran this DBCC DROPCLEANBUFFERS, still am geing same issue ....

An error occurred while executing batch. Error message is: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Thank you.
Post #1328158
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:14 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:54 AM
The system is out of memory then, I suggest limiting the result set or adding more RAM to the machines

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1328159
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:25 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 9:38 AM
krishnaprasad14 (7/10/2012)
Hi,

I am geting this error when I try to run a quer through SSMS.

Table got 23000 records and SQL srever max memoy assigned 3024.

Thank you in Advance,
Krishna

Run the results of the query into a file. The grid in SSMS is a resource hog.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1328177
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:32 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Hi Thank you for your replay. I was done this. I can execute if I change query results to text o file but geting an error when I choose grid. BUt user's want to see in grid formate

Thank you
Post #1328181
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:49 AM

SSCertifiable

krishnaprasad14 (7/11/2012)
Hi Thank you for your replay. I was done this. I can execute if I change query results to text o file but geting an error when I choose grid. BUt user's want to see in grid formate

Thank you

23,000 rows doesn't seem much for this message to appear - on the other hand, nobody is going to scan this many rows by eye. Can't you restrict the rowcount to something more reasonable?

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Post #1328190
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:53 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Really can't modify anything.

[My self I think 23,000 row count is not big for GB Ram server....]

Thank you.
Post #1328191
Posted Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:56 AM

SSCertifiable

krishnaprasad14 (7/11/2012)
Really can't modify anything.

[My self I think 23,000 row count is not big for GB Ram server....]

Thank you.

It's the client limit, not the server, as Anthony pointed out in an earlier post.

Post #1328193
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:09 AM

Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 8:34 AM
I'm getting this same error on a 64-bit workstation w/ 24GB of ram, 15GB that Win7 lists as "available". This is unlikely to be a windows limit and more likely a leak or bug within SSMS.

I was just doing a TOP 100 query against a few small tables on different servers. They were all behaving the same way. Another instances of SSMS that I had open was behaving fine.

In my case, it's SQL Server 2012 SP1 (11.0.3128.0)
aka: the most problematic release of SSMS to date!
Post #1468214
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse