Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Search engine improvements Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 1:28 AM
Hi Steve,

A week or so ago I completed your site's user survey and stated that I believed the search software could be improved. I now have an example, whilst searching for a solution to a problem I'm having.

Searching via SSC for "The FOR XML clause is not allowed in a INSERT statement" I get no hits, but when I use Google it provides a link to an SSC article http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic835199-338-1.aspx#bm835329. So an article does exist on this site but the site's search is unable to find it.

If I try to simplify the search to ' "FOR XML" INSERT ' I then get swamped with hits, because the SSC search doesn't appear to treat "FOR XML" as one string, as Google does.

I know - not exactly life or death, but it does show the problems sometimes to be had, when attempting to locate articles of interest.

BrainDonor
Linkedin
Blog Site
Post #1312351
Posted Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:47 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 11:32 AM
That's interesting since we use Google as our search engine.

I'll pass it along.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1314775
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse