Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Manual UnInstall for SQL Server 2008 R2 standard edition Expand / Collapse
Author

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:38 AM
Hi,

I have installed sql server 2008 R2 standard edition twice, default and another named, both of the installations failed to install sql server, but the thing is they are capturing the registry as if they are installed, taking the default instance spot with the services shown in the configuration manager,

I have tried to uninstall it from control panel, programs and feautures, but its not removing that feature from it,

Can someone please tell me the steps to remove it manually from the registry so that i can be able to install default instance once again.

Thanks
Post #1302137
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:34 PM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 4:23 AM
Is uninstall\reinstall of the OS an option for you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #1302199
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:40 AM

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Today @ 3:28 AM
After uninstalling with the uninstall option, just delete all the SQl folders from the drives & then go to the registry -->HKEY_Localmachine & delete any entries related to SQL server in the Microsoft folder. Also grant full permission to the microsoft folder in registry before you reinstall.

----------------------------------------------------------------
**"There is only one difference between dream and aim. Dream requires Soundless sleep to see…Where as Aim Requires Sleepless Efforts to Achieve" **
Post #1304065
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:04 PM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:23 PM
You should also go into Local Users and Groups\Groups and delete the SQLServer* groups that the install creates. These can also cause new problems when re-installing after a failed install.

Post #1304435
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:24 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:58 AM
Just saw this link in another post from Lowell: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143412.aspx

Thanks,

Jared
SQL Know-It-All

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - Jeff Moden
Post #1304455
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:30 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 10:20 AM
SQLKnowItAll (5/22/2012)
Just saw this link in another post from Lowell: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143412.aspx

I was going to paste it here two! two questions on the same subject just a couple of minutes apart; small world.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1304464
Posted Wednesday, May 23, 2012 4:04 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 4:23 AM
Am I missing something here? That link describes itself as how to manually remove SQL but then goes on to describe how to do it via control panel which is the normal method, and is not working for the OP. There is nothing in there about delving into the registry.

It would be interesting to know how the OP actually resolves this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #1304815
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse