Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Google Analytics SQL Import Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 3, 2014 9:25 AM
Thanks anthony, I'm sure there will be one I'll do some digging.

Post #1403499
Posted Monday, January 7, 2013 5:47 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:54 AM
anthony.green (1/7/2013)
Not all metrics can be exported in 1 DFT, its trial and error, I started with 1 metric then added one in at a time until it wouldnt export then you know which one you need to do in a seperate DFT.

I found that "https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets?hl=de" looks great for seeing which dimensions will export with the related metrics.

I can't get his task to output any rows though, even though I can "preview" the data within the task - that's the most fustration part.

Did you have to tweak with any config files in c:\program files to get the task to conntact to your google analytics account intially? (I have to tell it to use a proxy server to connect).

I'm stumpted as to why I can't see any output rows, but I can preview them !?!
Post #1403561
Posted Monday, January 7, 2013 5:51 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, October 13, 2014 6:42 AM
Nope works out the box for me, no proxy account or anything needed as we are not behind a proxy.

Start a discussion on the codeplex site, someone might know how to solve your issue.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1403562
Posted Monday, January 7, 2013 6:05 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:54 AM
Cheers - already raised a "ticket/issue" http://analyticssource.codeplex.com/workitem/15933

but if it's just Tillmann working on the project then it might be a while for any answer.

I'll ask our DBA to give the install a try, if it works "out of the box" for you, then it might be some weird privilege thing that's specific to my work profile.

Thanks for your time.
Post #1403564
Posted Friday, June 7, 2013 5:04 PM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 12:20 PM
I installed this and works fine so far. No special tweaking needed. It looks like a fine tool. Thanks for the link Anthony.

Cheers
Post #1461249
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:38 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, September 20, 2013 1:48 PM
I recently developed a Data Processing Extension for SSRS which lets you read data from Google Analytics and push to SSRS to create reports.

https://github.com/farzadpanahi/GoogleAnalyticsDataProcessingExtension

I just thought you guys may find it interesting : >
Post #1468369
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:04 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 26, 2013 6:53 AM
Sounds very exciting. Does this work for YouTube Analytics? Looking for similar plugin for YouTube Analytics
Post #1483646
Posted Monday, August 19, 2013 6:15 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, September 20, 2013 1:48 PM
I think with some minor changes to the source code it can be made to work with YouTube analytics api.
Post #1486078
Posted Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:19 AM
Forum Newbie

Do you know similar SSIS plugin for YouTube Analytics?
Post #1487201
Posted Monday, August 26, 2013 5:18 AM
Forum Newbie

farzad.panahi (8/19/2013)
I think with some minor changes to the source code it can be made to work with YouTube analytics api.

Hi Farzad,

Can you let me know what changes need to be made to make it work for YouTube Analytics?

Thanks in advance

-Ram
Post #1488343
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse