Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234»»

Booked 70-450 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:52 AM
It's not a bad social network in all fairness, just be carefull with recruitment agencies. When I got made redundant last year I ended up with around 100 recruitment people on my profile which is good when your looking for work, but once you have found a job, remove them all as you just get battered with job posts and messages which distracts you from the actual going on of your professional network.

Not signed into it in a while, so thought lets see what people are up to and noticed a Andy H has viewed your profile and I thought the same, thats not Mr Hyslop is it, took a look and it was.

Any how, I purchased the MOAC book for 70-450 the other day, which goes over the topics to add on to the Tom Carpenter book I got, so will let you know how that one is once I have read through it a couple of times.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1309598
Posted Friday, June 1, 2012 4:00 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:34 AM
When I got made redundant last year

Thats the situation I'm in now, its not certain but things are not looking good, hence the profile.

ended up with around 100 recruitment people on my profile which is good when your looking for work, but once you have found a job, remove them all as you just get battered with job posts and messages which distracts you from the actual going on of your professional network.

Thanks, that sounds like good advice!

thats not Mr Hyslop

Yep thats me

Any how, I purchased the MOAC book for 70-450 the other day, which goes over the topics to add on to the Tom Carpenter book I got, so will let you know how that one is once I have read through it a couple of times.

Yes please, I'd be interested in your opinion

==========================================================================================================================
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe
Post #1309624
Posted Monday, June 11, 2012 8:29 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Reading through the MOAC book, its very limited in what it details in the actual couseware, I would say if you have a very basic knowledge of SQL and you want to go for the cert then yeah it would probably be a good read, but I have found myself skimming over big chunks of the book as its to basic.

Still to go through the lab execrises book yet, that might be a different story as its more hands on than theory.

SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1313894
Posted Monday, June 25, 2012 6:32 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Hi Anthony

Been away for a while!

Thanks for the rundown on the book, is sounds like it may be a little too basic so I'll probably be giving that one a miss!

==========================================================================================================================
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe
Post #1320584
Posted Monday, June 25, 2012 6:34 AM

SSCertifiable

Yeah very basic, can buy my copy off me for £60 if you want? Wasn't worth it though, will be putting that back up on Amazon when I get a spare 10 minutes.

Hows things? All good I hope?

Post #1320588
Posted Monday, June 25, 2012 7:44 AM

Say Hey Kid

Yeah things are all good thanks - the redundancies all went through as planned however I jumped the gun and got a new job so I have been on garden leave for the last few weeks!

First day in the new job today!

Post #1320639
Posted Monday, June 25, 2012 7:51 AM

SSCertifiable

Congrats - somewhere good and with good prospects I hope.

Just been given the go ahead to rebook 70-450 for Thursday, think I will book an earlier one around 8 or 8:30 this time, just going through the Transcenders again and totally forgot half of the questions.

Post #1320640
Posted Monday, June 25, 2012 8:03 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:53 AM
Good luck Anthony, it will all come back to you, what sections did you score less on last time out?

624 is not a million miles away brushing up on 1-2 area would get you to 700 IMO
Post #1320645
Posted Monday, June 25, 2012 8:09 AM

SSCertifiable

The main two I didnt do to good on where designing a server & db solution and designing a monitoring strategy. Both bars the same on that one.

Then High Availability and Backup & Recovery where the next two lowest. The other three I got full marks on.

The good thing is that I know the area's which are lacking and can concentrate more on them areas in the books I have. Also printed off a bit on NUMA as I slipped up on that as well but unsure on that as BOL says one thing and Connect issues say another so unsure which way to go in the exam BOL or Connect (I went Connect then changed to BOL in the review time so might have changed 2 questions the right or wrong way around).

Post #1320648
Posted Monday, June 25, 2012 8:26 AM

Say Hey Kid

anthony.green (6/25/2012)
Congrats - somewhere good and with good prospects I hope.

Just been given the go ahead to rebook 70-450 for Thursday, think I will book an earlier one around 8 or 8:30 this time, just going through the Transcenders again and totally forgot half of the questions.

Hopefully! will be working on SQL server & Oracle on the server side and BI tools will be Cognos & Business Objects both of which I've never worked with as I have been exclusively SSRS so will be up-skilling in that respect..

Good look with the exam! Let us know how it goes

Post #1320657
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse