Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Performance Measuring Tool Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 8:28 AM
Good Morning To All :)

i would like to ask if there is a 3rd party tool that we can use to measure the Execution of a Stored Procedure. and would point which part of the SP is causing the performance issue? and at the same time will suggest possible code change to the user to correct the Performance issue?

Thank you very much !
Post #1287248
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:41 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Good Morning To All,

I would like to ask if there is A Tool Besides SQL Profiler that can measure the performance of a certain stored procedure? any advise/help from you guys is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Noel Eman Isip
Post #1290037
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:47 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Monday, November 17, 2014 12:50 PM
I currently use Confio Ignite to do that. I'm doing some testing on Quest Performance Analyzer to see if it works better for what I need on that.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #1290043
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:49 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 2:21 PM
You might also look at SQLSentry's PErformance Advisor. Not sure if it does what you want, but it can be helpful in analyzing issues.

No matter which tool you use, ultimately it pays to spend some time learning to write better T-SQL. We have lots of articles here, and authors are willing to help you understand how their techniques improve the execution of the code.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1290046
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:58 AM
Valued Member

Thank you guys so much for the help. i would be needing these tools to rewrite the SP's that is running slowly here in our company. i am barely a week in here and would need to take a look at almost all the SP's that has some perf issues.

Much Thanks
Post #1290116
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse