Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Programming the Data Conversion task in SQL Server Integration Services 2012 in C# Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 19, 2014 6:15 AM
I am trying to adapt C# code that configures the Data Conversion task from the code used in SQL 2005 and 2008 to 2012. Many things seem to have changed, and I am unable to figure out how to correctly assign the properties for the input->output path in the Conversion task. The following code worked for 2005 and 2008:

IDTSPath90 path = this.mainPipe.PathCollection.New();
path.AttachPathAndPropagateNotifications(sourceComponent.OutputCollection[0], convComponent.InputCollection[0]);

IDTSInput90 input = convComponent.InputCollection[0];
IDTSVirtualInput90 virtualInput = input.GetVirtualInput();

//Binder start og converted sammen. VirtualInput på converted er output på start
foreach (ModelColumnTransformation columnTransformation in transformation.Transfers)
{
foreach (IDTSVirtualInputColumn90 virtualColumn in virtualInput.VirtualInputColumnCollection)
{
if (string.Compare(virtualColumn.Name, columnTransformation.FromColumn.Name, true) == 0 || (columnTransformation.FromColumn.Preformatted && columnTransformation.FromColumn.Name.EndsWith(" as \"" + virtualColumn.Name + "\"")))
{
convInstance.SetUsageType(input.ID, virtualInput, virtualColumn.LineageID, DTSUsageType.UT_READONLY);
IDTSOutputColumn90 outputColumn = convComponent.OutputCollection[0].OutputColumnCollection.New();
outputColumn.Name = virtualColumn.Name + " (Converted)";

outputColumn.SetDataTypeProperties(columnTransformation.ToColumn.DataType, columnTransformation.ToColumn.Length, columnTransformation.ToColumn.Precision, columnTransformation.ToColumn.Scale, 0);
outputColumn.ErrorRowDisposition = DTSRowDisposition.RD_FailComponent;
outputColumn.TruncationRowDisposition = DTSRowDisposition.RD_IgnoreFailure;
IDTSCustomProperty90 outputProp = outputColumn.CustomPropertyCollection.New();
outputProp.Name = "SourceInputColumnLineageID";//I expect this line to be the problem
outputProp.Value = virtualColumn.LineageID;//I expect this line to be the problem
outputProp = outputColumn.CustomPropertyCollection.New();
outputProp.Name = "FastParse";
outputProp.Value = false;
break;
}
}
}

Apparently, the inner workings of the LineageID property has changed, and if I look at the SSIS format, the LineageID now needs to be a "logical" string instead of an integer ID. I have been unable to figure out where to obtain this ID in the objects and assign it in the transition from input to output.
Post #1286250
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, September 19, 2014 6:15 AM
Problem solved. For 2012, the ContainsID property needs to be set for the internal representations to work. This was not required for 2005 or 2008.

IDTSCustomProperty90 outputProp = outputColumn.CustomPropertyCollection.New();
outputProp.ContainsID = true;
outputProp.Name = "SourceInputColumnLineageID";
outputProp.Value = virtualColumn.LineageID;
outputProp = outputColumn.CustomPropertyCollection.New();
outputProp.Name = "FastParse";
outputProp.Value = false;
Post #1304060
Posted Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:50 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:31 AM
i also have the same issue , for the changes which you said is not wrking
Shaheer
Post #1487119
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse