Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Service broker Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, June 10, 2013 3:10 AM
Hi,

Before moving the system databases do we have to disable the service broker on MSDB.

Kindly clarify my doubt.

Thanks,
Dev.
Post #1265803
Posted Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:00 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Saturday, July 26, 2014 8:57 AM
No. For msdb, model and tempdb issue ALTER DATABASE...MODIFY FILE to set them to the new location, shut down the instance, move the files (except tempdb, just delete files), then bring the instance up.

For master you must change the location in the startup parameters, shut down the instance, move the files, then bring the instance up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1266245
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:09 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, June 10, 2013 3:10 AM
My question is do we have to disable the service broker by issuing the command alter database msdb set disable_broker.

After moving it to the new drive we can enable it know. Will it lead to any problem??

Thanks,
Dev
Post #1266501
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:25 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Saturday, July 26, 2014 8:57 AM
devanandiiway (3/14/2012)
My question is do we have to disable the service broker by issuing the command alter database msdb set disable_broker.

No. I have moved msdb with no problem without disbaling and enabling broker before and after the move. The only time I think you need to worry about that is if you're rebuilding and instance from a backup where you are not also restoring master as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1266505
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse