Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 
        
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On


Add to briefcase

rsInvalidReportDefinition error when trying to deploy AdventureWorks sample reports Expand / Collapse
Author
Message
Posted Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:59 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:49 PM
Points: 5, Visits: 17
Hi,

I have been trying to deploy the AdventureWorks report samples through BIDS, but I am getting the following error:

[rsInvalidReportDefinition] The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2010/01/reportdefinition' which cannot be upgraded. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Samples\Reporting Services\Report Samples\AdventureWorks 2008R2 Sample Reports\AdventureWorks 2008R2\Employee_Sales_Summary_2008R2.rdl

I have SQL Server 2008 R2 installed. I'm new to BI/SQL Server 2008, so I'm not sure what other information needs to be provided.

Please help!
Post #1262630
Posted Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:12 AM


Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 12, 2014 6:22 AM
Points: 531, Visits: 449
Try using http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2008/01/reportdefinition/
as the namespace and see if you get the same results.
Post #1270140
Posted Monday, December 31, 2012 4:32 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:42 AM
Points: 27, Visits: 102
I tried that and it did not work.

My issue started to happen when I added a value in Tablix (Page Name), so that when I export the report as an EXCEL file each tab will have a specific name. It works fine when I run the report as a standalone report. It all fails when I try to open the rdl file when it resides in SharePoint 2010.

Here are my error messages;

The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2010/01/reportdefinition' which cannot be upgraded. (rsInvalidReportDefinition)

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2010/01/reportdefinition' which cannot be upgraded.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005Impl.GetItemDataSources(String Item, DataSource[]& DataSources)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2006.GetItemDataSources(String Item, DataSource[]& DataSources)
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: 34f97b8b-a52c-4493-a6cb-3a1755db3dff
Date and Time: 12/31/2012 5:19:59 AM


Post #1401355
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse