Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Query Work Items in TFS from SQL Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:23 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:20 AM
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to get Work Item names from the TFSWarehouse database?

They are inserted with what I can only really describe as a TFS GUID which I cant seem to translate to a table to get the WI name.

Trying to do this via T-SQK direct on the database rather than using WIQL via Visual Studio as its not really that clued up for the information that the people want on the reports.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Ant

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1252318
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:43 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:46 AM
Not sure if this is what you are looking for - did you check the System_Title column in the DimWorkItem table?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nericson/archive/2010/03/08/tfs-2010-method-to-get-work-items-as-of-a-date.aspx

Post #1252370
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:53 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Thanks alot, thats the one, I only did a TOP 1000 and they where all NULL so I skipt over that column.

Much appreciated.

SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1252378
Posted Friday, February 17, 2012 3:13 AM

SSCertifiable

just wondering, do you know where iteration capacity and individual capacity is stored in the warehouse so we can see if a iteration or person is over or under estimate etc

does it in SSAS I believe but having trouble with SSAS at the moment so trying to get it from the DB.

Post #1253716
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse