Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

F5 to refresh Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:20 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 5:45 PM
Hi, need some help.

On one server when I open Management Studio and click on something in the object explorer and then hit F5, it opens debug instead of doing a refresh.

How can I change F5 back to refresh?

Thanks.

Howard

2012 RC0
Post #1242285
Posted Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:34 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 5:45 PM
Found it in Options/Keyboard

Listed under Debug.Start

It was F5 global and Alt+F5 in query editor. Wonder why it was changed.

F5 has always been refresh.
Post #1242295
Posted Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:09 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 10:16 AM
Sort of relatedly, but when I first moved to SSMS from Query Analyser/Enterprise manager, took me months to stop hitting the debug button on the toolbar, rather than Execute

And don't get me started on how many times I accidentally published an entire Reporting Services solution from BIDS...
Post #1242318
Posted Monday, October 1, 2012 11:59 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:36 AM
Thanks for this thread. I was having the same problem, and finding out the keyboard command allowed me to unbind F5 from debug.

However, for some reason, F5 is still not refreshing in Object Explorer. Does anyone know the name of the command to use for that? I am using SQL 2012 incidentally. I also have Visual Studio 2012 installed. I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide.
Post #1366694
Posted Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:00 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:56 PM
Gazareth (1/26/2012)
Sort of relatedly, but when I first moved to SSMS from Query Analyser/Enterprise manager, took me months to stop hitting the debug button on the toolbar, rather than Execute

I've haven't used Query Analyzer in about 5 years, but I still catch myself doing that every now and then.
Post #1367006
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse