Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Audio Books Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:30 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:07 AM
Does anyone know of any good Audio books for SQL Server Admins?

I love being able to listen to material during my sometimes lengthy commute but I cannot seem to find anything on SQL Server out there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Post #1231901
Posted Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:53 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 7:59 AM
Don't know any audio books, but the RunAsRadio podcast sometimes has SQL Server topics (and often has interesting non-SQL topics) and, to a much lesser extent, does DotNetRocks. http://dotnetrocks.com and http://runasradio.com

Audio+video, there's the SQLBits session downloads, you can usually get a good overview with just the audio if you're driving. http://www.sqlbits.com/

They're what I use when driving, shopping or standing in queues.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1231905
Posted Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:12 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:07 AM
Thanks for the information. I'm really sad there are not more SQL resources on audio, I'm finding it to be a great learning resource for me and I cannot believe it took me so long to discover it.

Post #1232066
Posted Sunday, January 08, 2012 7:14 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 7:59 AM
I use presentation recordings (SQL Bits, Pass Summit and others) and just listen to the audio portions. It's often quite enough to understand

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1232068
Posted Thursday, January 03, 2013 4:57 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:09 AM
Hi Gila,

Can u please share from where u are getting pass videos, I know this is silly as u must attend summits but is it available for those who can not attend summit?
Post #1402296
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse