Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

A VB.NET toolkit for writing SSIS Script Tasks Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:02 AM
Adding the New Form(), as the first parameter of the MessageBox.Show is what got this to work. If I remove it, it doesn't work.

I'm in the BIDS and followed the instructions you gave. It was only when I modified as above was I able to get it to work correctly. As stated, I am using windows 7. I also have a few other apps open. Does your code work without the modification in windows 7?
Post #1486472
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:34 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

It is the change I indicated that made the difference (new form()). If removed, only the 1st dialog shows.

Are you using Windows 7 to test?

(Sorry for the repeat - didn't know it was sent...)
Post #1486473
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:53 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:03 PM
My code works as-is in Windows 7.

Here it is pasted into an SSIS 2008 script task.

http://i.imgur.com/vnuX5x9.png

Here is is when I run it.

http://i.imgur.com/HQ6HU3v.png
Post #1486474
Posted Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:15 PM
Forum Newbie

Yes - I am using same and get same. I run by right-clicking script task and execute. I also see Orange next. However, to see the next two dialogs, I have to click on icon that is in taskbar. See part of code below:

For Each value In MyList
' Dim button As DialogResult = MessageBox.Show(New Form(), value.ToString(), "ArrayList Value " + i.ToString, MessageBoxButtons.OK) 'this works

Dim button As DialogResult = MessageBox.Show(value.ToString(), "ArrayList Value " + i.ToString, MessageBoxButtons.OK) 'this only shows first two dialogs - then have to click on taskbar icon to see next two dialogs
i += 1
Next

BTW: it works fine in debug mode - but otherwise, have this problem with
Post #1486845
Posted Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:45 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

When I click the OK button, the next message box pops up. All five of them come up as they should.

Can you try it on another workstation?
Post #1486863
Posted Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:50 PM
Forum Newbie

Perhaps - but not at the moment. When I get around to it, I'll let you know. Thanks for the responses.
Post #1486864
Posted Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:13 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

I've tried it on two computers now and it works on both.
Post #1486887
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse