Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

A VB.NET toolkit for writing SSIS Script Tasks Expand / Collapse
Author

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:54 AM
I have a query regd SSIS, Please explain how to invoke Crystal Reports report using SSIS Script Task ? Also is it possible to directly export the report to PDF using Script task. I am using the SSIS 2005 version where only VB.net is available for scripting. Thanks in advance...:)
Post #1334994
Posted Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:51 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:01 AM
Without even know what version or product of Crystal reports you are using you most likely will need to checkt he Crystal Reports web site or knowledge base on how to automate reporting tasks and execution using VB.Net script commands.
Post #1335128
Posted Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:52 PM
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:15 AM
I just stumbled on this and it is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to put it together!
Post #1377331
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:31 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:02 AM
I'm trying this out and am finding that the output box displays while the following the input box only shows as icon in the taskbar. Have been unable to determine how to fix this. I have to click on the icon in the taskbar in order to get it to work. Am using windows 7 sp1.

I appreciate the info and will go through the rest of the example, but would appreciate some input into how to resolve that particular problem. Thanks.
Post #1486392
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:32 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

to clarify: input box shows up -- output box shows as icon in taskbar, which I have to click in order to show
Post #1486394
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:21 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:33 AM
I take it you are working on "Lesson 3: Create an input dialog box" that takes the input from the input box and prints it to an output dialog box?

Did the output dialog box work right when you did "Lesson 2: Create an output dialog box?"
Post #1486430
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:27 PM
Forum Newbie

Yes it did. I was just going to reply back that I had found what appears to be a fix for this:
using new Form() as the first param.
Post #1486450
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:46 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

So you are doing this in an SSIS script task or Visual Studio/Visual Basic Express?

If you are using a Form() object, I suspect you are not in SSIS.
Post #1486461
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:55 PM
Forum Newbie

Here's an example of what I mean, using this part of your code:

'Create and loop through an array list
Dim MyList As New ArrayList
MyList.Add("Apple")
MyList.Add("Orange")
MyList.Add("Banana")
MyList.Add("Peach")
MyList.Add("Cherry")

Dim i As Integer
Dim value As String
For Each value In MyList
Dim button As DialogResult = MessageBox.Show(New Form(), value.ToString(), "ArrayList Value " + i.ToString, MessageBoxButtons.OK)
i += 1
Next

Dts.TaskResult = ScriptResults.Success
End Sub
Post #1486464
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:06 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

You added the counting integer. It must have something to do with that. Glad you got it working!
Post #1486467
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse