Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Errors when writing querylog in sql server database Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 14, 2007 10:59 PM
Hello,
I migrated my Analysis Services querylog table from access database to sql server database. I just changed registry value QueryLogConnectionString and RemoteQueryLogConnectionString values in registry under HKEY_LOCAL_NASHINE/ SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/OLAP SERVER/CURRENTVERSION.
After that all works fine until I stoped ant restarted my SQL SERVER service. MSOLAP Service continued to work but failed to write to database querylog. In event log I found such error:
1. Relational data provider reported error: [No transaction is active.].
2. Relational data provider reported error: [Connection failure;08S01].
3. Relational data provider reported error: [Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.].

When I stop and restart MSOLAP Service, it continue to write to table querylog. Pausing and then starting MSOLAps ervice does not work.

I think, one of the best method should be implement service dependency between olap service and sql server service, like between sqlserveragent and sql server. So, I want to stop olap service mandatory after sql server service stops. is it possible?

Or can somebody propose another way to continue logging after sql server restarted?

Thank you.

Ramunas

Post #106530
Posted Monday, March 22, 2004 8:00 AM
SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
No one has responded to this topic yet. Even if you don't have a complete answer, the original poster will appreciate any thoughts you have!
Post #107385
Posted Monday, March 22, 2004 5:36 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:12 AM

what did u change the connection string to?  are they valid (ie have u checked them from another applciation)?

Steve.
Post #107570
Posted Monday, March 22, 2004 11:04 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

This is valid connection string, and query logging works correctly before I stop sql sever service.

Post #107603
Posted Monday, March 22, 2004 11:11 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:12 AM

obviously it can't log to sql server if it's not running, so alternatives are to log to another server or like you say, put a dependency on the msolap service to tie it to the mssql service.  Here's a link to a reg hack that shows how to add the dependency. http://www.boyce.us/windows/servertipcontent.asp?ID=7

Seems to work...

Steve.
Post #107604
Posted Thursday, April 1, 2004 11:16 PM
SSC Rookie

Yaaa, that worked! 

Thanks, Steve

Ramunas Balukonis

Post #109596
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse