Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

PowerShell Basics Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:59 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item PowerShell Basics

Shawn Melton
PS C:\>(Find-Me).TwitterUri
@wshawnmelton
PS C:\>(Find-Me).BlogUri
meltondba.wordpress.com
Post #1051981
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011 7:39 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, June 17, 2011 7:14 AM
Thanks Shawn. I have yet to use Powershell but this article has been a timely prompt.

Post #1052360
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011 9:19 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:40 PM
Thanks for the article Shawn. This is really helpful, I appreciate all the links you've provided as well.

Adam Sottosanti
Post #1052469
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011 9:37 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

parcival (1/24/2011)
Thanks Shawn. I have yet to use Powershell but this article has been a timely prompt.

Thanks, I wish my current job required me to use it more than I do.

Shawn Melton
@wshawnmelton
meltondba.wordpress.com
Post #1052492
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011 9:40 AM

Right there with Babe

Adam Sottosanti (1/24/2011)
Thanks for the article Shawn. This is really helpful, I appreciate all the links you've provided as well.

You are welcome...here is one I left out cause I did not know if the link would stay active or not:
Bing Visual Search - PowerShell

If the link does not work, just go to http://www.bing.com search for just "PowerShell". You should see a tab show up under the search box called "Visual Search". It is a cool little graphical tool Bing created to browse the major commands and show some syntax.

Shawn Melton
@wshawnmelton
meltondba.wordpress.com
Post #1052495
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011 12:44 PM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:42 PM
Shawn:
Thanks for the great article.
Post #1052636
Posted Friday, February 22, 2013 6:36 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:47 PM
Nice introduction to PowerShell! For a bit more geared toward those interested in SQL Server and PowerShell, I wrote a two-part introduction entitled Practical PowerShell for SQL Server Developers and DBAs that shows, among other cool features, how to navigate in "SQL space" just like you can navigate in a file system. See https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/database-administration/practical-powershell-for-sql-server-developers-and-dbas-%E2%80%93-part-1/
Post #1423021
Posted Monday, February 25, 2013 9:03 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, April 19, 2013 8:44 AM
Nice article, I'm a recent fan of PowerShell. I didn't know about the ISE. I found a use for it beyond metrics and administration that other DBA's might find useful: data traffic. I route a large chunk of our EDI traffic (text files mostly) into filetables with it. The script opens the file, reads what it needs, makes the necessary db calls, logs it, and moves it to point B. In the past I would have considered a CLR routine, but now I find myself asking myself if I can do it in PowerShell first.
Post #1423647
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse