Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234

Resume font ? Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 29, 2014 5:49 AM
Tahoma Would be Good And Most Readable
Post #1599003
Posted Sunday, August 3, 2014 6:46 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:54 AM
B.sameny (8/3/2014)
Tahoma Would be Good And Most Readable

A lot more better looking than Arial and a bit easier to read too. Also tidier-looking than Lucida Sans Unicode (because more condensed), and I guess most people will have that font today; in the old days most people didn't so it wouldn't have been a good choice, but maybe now it is.

Tom
Post #1599034
Posted Sunday, August 3, 2014 6:58 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 8:17 AM
If the appearance of the resume adds a value to it then selecting a font isn't enough. One should properly layout the document using the likes of Scribus, InDesign or Quark and deliver it in a pdf format.
Post #1599036
Posted Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:37 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 8:21 AM
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/3/2014)
If the appearance of the resume adds a value to it then selecting a font isn't enough. One should properly layout the document using the likes of Scribus, InDesign or Quark and deliver it in a pdf format.

+1

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Post #1599053
Posted Sunday, August 3, 2014 4:57 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:54 AM
SQLRNNR (8/3/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (8/3/2014)

+1

+1 again.

If you were going to send it as hard copy on paper you would make sure it was properly formatted, wouldn't you? So how could it even be imaginable that you wouldn't do proper formating if you were going to send it electronically?

Tom
Post #1599077
Posted Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:23 PM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:00 AM
Eric M Russell (8/2/2014)
In the IT arena, I believe that resume font accounts for less than it would for those seeking a position in something like marketing, public relations, or at the executive level. Honestly, most resumes in IT get screened by team members looking for references to specific skills and work experience before it gets passed on for serious consideration by HR. If debating between Arial vs Times New Roman vs. Verdana, then perhaps go with whatever font the organization uses on their own website. Changing font style could fall under the general guideline of tailoring your resume to the job, although I personally don't tailor my resume; I am who I am at this point in my career.

I would tend to agree. We just got done hiring a couple of DBAs, and the font of the resumes we got in never came up at all in any of our conversations. As long as it isn't something really wacky or too big/too small, I doubt anyone will really care anymore. Especially for Sr. level positions.

The Redneck DBA
Post #1599109
Posted Monday, August 18, 2014 10:19 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 10:28 AM
I like Arial in general, stopped using it because of how my name looks (Arni).
I don't like it when people call me Ami.
Post #1604549
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234

Permissions Expand / Collapse