Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS 0xC020801e Connection Manager Issue Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 09, 2010 2:45 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:13 PM
I have a job that runs nightly.
Intermittently it gets Code: 0xC020801E ---The connection manager "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" is an incorrect type. The type required is "FILE". The type available to the component is "OLEDB". End Error.

It will run fine for days or a week in a row without this error but then have it twice in one week. I kick the sql agent off manually the next morning without rebooting or any other changes and it will work fine.

I have seen response for jobs that have not run at all ,but this job runs each night and has run over a week successfully at times without this error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post #1032749
Posted Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:16 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:56 AM
Hi
Were you able to solve this issue. We are facing the same issue. The package was running without issues for months and suddenly started throwing the same error since yesterday.
Any help is appreciated

Tx
Post #1118767
Posted Monday, March 05, 2012 4:09 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 05, 2012 4:08 PM
Have either of you figured this out. I just had the exact thing happen to my SSIS package.

If you know the fix, please post a reply.

Thanks
Post #1261896
Posted Monday, April 08, 2013 4:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, April 12, 2014 1:23 AM

All you need to do is to recreate the SQL job using as Owner the following combination:

1. create a windows user
2. create a credential associated with a proxy
3. create a server login with db_owner rights
Post #1439739
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse