Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Unique index on multiple column primary key (composite) Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 27, 2014 12:39 AM
I'm trying to create a Unique Index on composite primary key column(ColA, ColB) for Full Text Indexing. I could create the index, but I'm not able to create a full text index based on that.
Any pointers? Appreciate help. Thanks, Srinivas.
Post #1020047
Posted Friday, November 12, 2010 9:51 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, December 13, 2013 4:35 AM
What datatype are your two columns.
Can you post the create fulltext index command.

Cursors never.
DTS - only when needed and never to control.
Post #1020064
Posted Friday, November 12, 2010 1:58 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Both are integer columns(Item_Id int, Attribute_id int). And I'm trying to create the Full Text Index using SSMS(Management Studio). Unique index was created successfully. Trying to create Full Text Index by using it in SSMS it asks for a unique index. but my index does not show up in the drop down.
Post #1020207
Posted Friday, November 12, 2010 2:04 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:58 AM
Per MSDN:
KEY INDEX index_name
Is the name of the unique key index on table_name. The KEY INDEX must be a unique, single-key, non-nullable column. Select the smallest unique key index for the full-text unique key. For the best performance, we recommend an integer data type for the full-text key.

It has to be single-key. That means one column. Can't be compound.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #1020211
Posted Friday, November 12, 2010 3:51 PM
SSC Journeyman

I think I got it. I created a dummy Identity column on TableC and used it as an unique index for my Full Text Index. And it works. :)
Post #1020239
Posted Monday, November 15, 2010 6:21 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:58 AM
srinivas-406082 (11/12/2010)
I think I got it. I created a dummy Identity column on TableC and used it as an unique index for my Full Text Index. And it works. :)

Cool biz. Well done.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #1020697
Posted Friday, October 3, 2014 7:09 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, October 19, 2014 8:00 AM
please , for any table have you linked the table TableC , can you show us the database shema, i have the same problem , and i'm lookin for a solution since 3 days . please . thx in advance
Post #1622341
Posted Friday, October 3, 2014 7:10 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:14 PM
Please note: 4 year old thread. Please post new questions in a new thread. Thank you.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1622342
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse