Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Measure Group Is Empty Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:12 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:21 AM
Hi,
I have added a new measure group to an existing cube. The new measure group shows no data. When I queried it in Management Studio, it has the data. Also, the data exists in Explore Data of the Fact Table.

Tried : I checked with the attributes and the role. Created a new measure group by deleting the existing one and processing it before creating. Still, No data.
Pls throw some light. Thanks.
Post #1008634
Posted Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:02 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:58 AM
Did you query the cube in Management Studio using MDX or the fact table in the database using SQL?
Post #1008841
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010 6:46 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:21 AM
Thanks dealdas for the reply.

It worked now. Basically, I had a wrong relation established between the dimension and the fact table. So, I deleted the fact table again along with all the related dimensions. And then created the Measure group alone. Then it showed. On top of it, I tried with the relation I needed with the dimension.

By Trial & error method, I got what I needed.

Post #1009135
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse