Which gives the greatest points?

• From a purely ENGLISH Rugby Union perspective - what the H£!! is a 'TRY'.

Everyone knows that the correct way to play the game is to muck about in the middle of the field until someone commits some arcane technical offence and we can kick the penalty for 3 Points!!

The only reason them fly southern hemisphere types in black, yellow or green shirts, run around playing glorified basketball - is because they can't understand the finer points of the game!

• IanSinclair (11/9/2015)

From a purely ENGLISH Rugby Union perspective - what the H£!! is a 'TRY'.

Everyone knows that the correct way to play the game is to muck about in the middle of the field until someone commits some arcane technical offence and we can kick the penalty for 3 Points!!

The only reason them fly southern hemisphere types in black, yellow or green shirts, run around playing glorified basketball - is because they can't understand the finer points of the game!

Civilised nations' teams play in Blue, Green, or Red shirts (or of course black, as change kit). Never in white ones. Never in red as change kit.

I've never understood why people insist on pronouncing "civilised" as if it were not an alternative spelling of Celtic.

And civilised people will NEVER believe a convert is worth more than 2 points - even the English mostly won't swallow that.

Pissing about in the middle of the field hoping to get a penalty has never resulted in a win by 98 points in an international match, whereas playing rugby (which is quite different) has.

Tom

• Pissing about in the middle of the field - on a cold muddy cabbage patch - hoping for a penalty is the BRITISH way - watch the six nations - if you can stay awake long enough.

And out of interest - what people - civilised or otherwise believe a CONVERT is worth more than 2 points?

For League its 4+2 for a converted try - and football is 6 for a touchdown plus 1 for a point after and 2 for a 2 point try.

• I got the points only because rugby is a national sport in my country and there was no correct proposal : the TRY_CONVERT is giving 2 more points after the touch-down during a successful try. But it was the was approaching choice.

I have been amused with the lack of knowledge about rugby among the US posters but it is logical as in USA , the dominating sport is what we call the US football ( football américain ). I am looking sometimes at the finale because it is available on my TV ( only sometimes because of the time : 3:00 AM , it is too often too late for me ).

I was amused by the try giving 3 points but this value disappeared many years ago when the Béziers team was dominating the french league ( more than 15 years ago ).

Have all a nice day after these pleasant question and posts...

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply