where can we find end point of an instance in management studio

• Hi All,

When we create an end point for an instance with a specific port where can we find that created end point in Management studio.

I could not find it in the Service Broker node of a database when expanded. I could find only Message types,contracts,queues,services,routes and Remote service Bindings.

• It's a server level object, not a database object. You will find it in SSMS under the server's "Server Objects" folder.

I believe that you can get the port# from the sys.tcp_endpoints system view.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Thank you very much for your guidance

• Glad I could help.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• Good Morning Barry,

I'm trying to create end point for an instance. I've written the following script.

CREATE ENDPOINT []

AUTHORIZATION [sa]

STATE=STARTED

AS TCP (LISTENER_PORT = 4023, LISTENER_IP = ALL)

FOR SERVICE_BROKER (MESSAGE_FORWARDING = DISABLED

, MESSAGE_FORWARD_SIZE = 10

, AUTHENTICATION = WINDOWS NEGOTIATE

, ENCRYPTION = REQUIRED ALGORITHM RC4)

1)In the above script should the MESSAGE_FORWARDING option be DISABLED OR ENABLED TO SEND AND RECEIVE MESSAGES?

2)How can we know the LISTENER_PORT number. Can we give any random number or will there be any specific port for service broker?

Thanks in advance

• sql server developer (1/5/2009)

1)In the above script should the MESSAGE_FORWARDING option be DISABLED OR ENABLED TO SEND AND RECEIVE MESSAGES?

That depends on whether you will be using SB point-to-point or are planing to route through intermediate router/gateway type SB nodes. If this is all internal to a single organization, with no hidden/protected domains involved, my guess would be that you should disabl Forwarding and just use point-to-point routing (i.e., direct).

2)How can we know the LISTENER_PORT number. Can we give any random number or will there be any specific port for service broker?

Any number from 1024 to 32767 is allowed. You want to avoid using the same port as anything else on the same server however, and you also want it to be cleared to go through any firewalls in the route, so coordinate this with your DBA and your Network Admin.

[/font]

• Hi Barry,

Where can we see the created Master Key in Sql server Management Studio?

Or how to know whether the Master Key has been created for an Instance or not?

• Already answered in the other htread.

(You are cross-posting you questions now which is confusing/annoying for us. Just ask them once and keep the threads straight.)

[/font]

• Hey Barry sorry for that. I thought you did not see that message over there. please dont mind

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply