What's your opinion about Google Cloud SQL?

• I wonder what your opinion about Google Cloud SQL is! We are a small company running our MySQL server on one of our vServer and everything runs fine. But we have a few concerns about our project in the future:

Backups - we did not implement them yet and I don't want to keep them on the server itself. Plus, I'm not a server guru and I might be able to set them up, but in case something happens, I have no idea what to do.

Scaling - we are (hopefully) about to scale soon and I want to have a reliable DB server

What is your experience or opinion about Google Cloud SQL? Thanks https://omegle.onl/

• This topic was modified 2 days, 8 hours ago by  abhimanyu.
  • OMG! Get your backups in place right now! And, practice running a restore! There are a million blogs & youtube videos showing how. Follow one.

OK, so Google Cloud SQL. I've only experimented with it so far, but it's pretty good. It's the newest of the big three, AWS RDS & Azure SQL and Google Cloud. However, it's got the basics down. You can scale up & down with it. It does have backups enabled for you (you still need to learn how to restore from those backups though, get on that now). Overall, it's solid. If you have a reason to pick it over AWS RDS or Azure SQL, you'll be fine. I'd just be curious why you want that one over the others?

----------------------------------------------------
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...
    Theodore Roosevelt

The Scary DBA
    Author of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd Edition
    Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey wrote:

OMG! Get your backups in place right now! And, practice running a restore! There are a million blogs & youtube videos showing how. Follow one.

Triple Ditto.

You can nit-pick about location once backups are running.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  homebrew01.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply