Using powershell to strip RTF tags and return text.

• Hi, We've been looking to pull the text from a table in a vendor DB that stores in RTF format. I found a solution on a site but am having trouble getting it to work. It seems to work ok if I pass a result straight to it but if I try and use SQL to do the set for the @Stringrtf variable I get an error.

SQL Server - How to Convert an RTF String to Text (Remove RTF Tags) Using CLR (C #) or Powershell - Dirceu Resende

• PretendDBA wrote:

Hi, We've been looking to pull the text from a table in a vendor DB that stores in RTF format. I found a solution on a site but am having trouble getting it to work. It seems to work ok if I pass a result straight to it but if I try and use SQL to do the set for the @Stringrtf variable I get an error.

SQL Server - How to Convert an RTF String to Text (Remove RTF Tags) Using CLR (C #) or Powershell - Dirceu Resende

What is your question?

Clearly, we won't be able to help fix any of your T-SQL unless you show us what it is.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi, I managed to work it out. Thanks though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply