User with total points more than 30000?

• So, the people who based their answer on the documentation got it wrong, whilst those who used "real data" got it right.

Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned there.....

• Richard Warr (8/16/2013)

So, the people who based their answer on the documentation got it wrong, whilst those who used "real data" got it right.

+1:-D

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Good Point!

• +1

Simone
  • "What would be the level of a user with more than 30,000 total points? "

Poorly written, as there are LevelS above 30,000 points......

................................................................................
    First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.

• Being from Philly, I have but one word to say:

BOOOOOOOO!

• So, can someone here tell me what exactly the point (pun not intended) of this question is supposed to be?

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• Hugo Kornelis (8/16/2013)

So, can someone here tell me what exactly the point (pun not intended) of this question is supposed to be?

I don't know, but this QotD is in the category "humor".

See, understand, learn, try, use efficient
    © Dr.Plch

• Richard Warr (8/16/2013)

So, the people who based their answer on the documentation got it wrong, whilst those who used "real data" got it right.

That's the real take-away from this question 😀

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• ...And here I thought the correct answer was "Acolyte of the Church of Modenism"

Cursors are useful if you don't know SQL

• mstjean (8/16/2013)

...And here I thought the correct answer was "Acolyte of the Church of Modenism"

Had to read 39 responses to get to one that was really "humorous".

I based my answer on an official reference, namely the leaderboard. If the site says that's the answer, and there is a post from Steve with a different level name, then BOTH answers should be accepted as correct.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Just pulled up the response to the Voice of the DBA that Steve wrote and there was the answer. Easy one.

• Koen Verbeeck (8/16/2013)

Apparently a bug in the total leader board not showing the correct levels above SSChampion.

If you go to the thread mentioned in the reference, you see the correct level with Steve, who is over 30000 points.

A bug which has been sitting there for more than 3 years. Judging by answers so far, most people looked there rather than at Steve's 2010 post.

Tom

• DugyC (8/16/2013)

Regardless of what a single forum thread says, as of now there are 3 people with more than 30,000 points and they are all showing as SSCChampion. Therefore that is the correct answer, now, and until that bug/feature is corrected.

I don't care about my 2 points... but the internet is wrong!!!

:-P:-P:-P:-P

Just my tuppence (2 pence/points) worth... 😎

Ah, but far more pages show them as SSCDedicated - all the pages with any of their posts on (about 100000 between the three of them) as opposed to just the one leader-board page. :-D:-D:-D:-D

Tom

• I knew there was a level above SSC Champion but wasn't sure of the exact classification until I looked up some blog posts. I didn't even think to check the leader board. Glad I didn't!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply