Ugh. SSIS Connection Manager Woes!

• I'm new to SSIS.

I'm new to using Windows Authentication vs SQL Server Authentication.

Sorry, this is all going to sound terribly naiive.

If IT has set up a "Proxy Account" for me, how can I set up my SSIS package to use Windows Authentication but use that Proxy Account, instead of my own personal account which I use to log into the server?

We need this SSIS package to continue to run even if my personal Windows login is closed, if I leave the company for example.

Make sense?

"If I had been drinking out of that toilet, I might have been killed." -Ace Ventura

• autoexcrement (8/8/2014)

If IT has set up a "Proxy Account" for me, how can I set up my SSIS package to use Windows Authentication but use that Proxy Account, instead of my own personal account which I use to log into the server?

In the job step you setup, there's a line called Run As: (or something similar enough). Pick your proxy there.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• I've spent an insane amount of time on this. I'm sure there's an easy solution.

Apologies again for my ignorance, I'm just not seeing anything obvious here.

They are telling me I need to update the SSIS configuration to use the Proxy Account. Is that something easy to do? Any tips?

Just to clarify, this is Visual Studio 2005.

"If I had been drinking out of that toilet, I might have been killed." -Ace Ventura

• Wait, when you say proxy, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean they setup a proxy on the server like in the node below?

If so, you set that in the job step, like so:

If that's not what they're describing, can you help me understand what you mean by proxy?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• That is what they mean by proxy, but I'm just not seeing the RUN AS options when I try to create the SQL Agent job. Must be some permissions issue specific to their setup here. I'm trying to navigate the labyrinthine process of resolving this. Thanks for your time and efforts, I'll report back when I have news.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply