Trigger an Email of an SSRS Report from an SSIS Package

• Hi Stan

Really useful article, thanks.

I have a question around the long term use of this solution. I've done a bit of testing and the subscription still seems to work even if the corresponding SQL Agent job is deleted.

However, are you aware of any automatic clean up in place within SSRS that would remove old 'one-off' subscriptions?

cheers

Mike

• SilentMike (7/9/2015)

Hi Stan

I have a question around the long term use of this solution. I've done a bit of testing and the subscription still seems to work even if the corresponding SQL Agent job is deleted.

However, are you aware of any automatic clean up in place within SSRS that would remove old 'one-off' subscriptions?

cheers

Mike

Then only way I know of to remove subscriptions is to delete them manually in the "My Subscriptions" web page.

I tried to insert the image above, but it's not working. Try pasting this into your browser: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Images/26588.jpg

• Stan Kulp-439977 (7/9/2015)

SilentMike (7/9/2015)

Hi Stan

cheers

Mike

Then only way I know of to remove subscriptions is to delete them manually in the "My Subscriptions" web page.

I tried to insert the image above, but it's not working. Try pasting this into your browser: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Images/26588.jpg%5B/quote%5D

You have to usage the img IFCode to embed images in your post. Like this (quote this post to see the codes)...

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• know it's a bit late to the join the party, but I found that if I didn't have single quotes around the Subscription ID you paste into the EXEC command, it won't work.  Drop them in, and I was good to go.  This is such a simple solution!  Thanks for posting it!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply