There is an invalid number of result bindings returned for the ResultSetType:

• Hi i am doing tutorials from the book "Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services: An Expert Cookbook".

I am getting error when i execute this task(Chp.1, task 1) as stated in the book, WHY? It runs when i don't select "single row"

Please also explain step 9. The author does not elaborate on how to create this package with all it requires?

• Yup, it looks like they missed a step. I thought there was an errata at one point for that book but it's not on the main apress site that I can see https://www.apress.com/us/book/9781484200834

The error this generates, "Execute SQL Task: There is an invalid number of result bindings returned for the ResultSetType: "ResultSetType_SingleRow"." can be resolved by clicking on the Result Set tab.

Click on the Add button

• In the result section, replace the "NewResultName" under the "Result Name" column with 0 (for the zeroeth element of our result set).
    • In the Variable Name column, click <New variable...> For the name, specify something helpful. I used RowCountCustomers Change the Value type from the default String to Int32. Finally, provide an initial value. I used -1

Click Ok, Ok and then run. It should go green

Configure Execute SQL Task Result Set tab

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply