The mysteries of life, the beginning of the 20th century

• sestell1 (3/23/2015)

Rune Bivrin (3/23/2015)

Can't really say anything positive about a question which relies on regional settings for correct answer, and which doesn't really promulgate any useful knowledge. Why would I want to do anything like that? Or even encounter it in any existing code? It's just too arcane...

I found it very interesting that you could declare '@' as a variable. I did not know that. I could see this happening accidentally at some point, so it's good to know that won't actually throw an error.

This is the part I found most interesting as well and the reason why I'm glad to see the question in the first place. After validating that this could be done, I just ran the code to see the result.

---------------
    Mel. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• I didn't pick it, but I still think "Little James will be fired" is the correct answer.:-D

• judging from the comments, i don't feel bad now about cheating (running the script)

• I'm lost but thanks anyway.

• Ouch. got as far as 127, in May, ascii code for M, 77, and then ticked the wrong box. Brain not functioning, or not connected to fingers (or both).

Tom

• dlaughlin 24148 (3/23/2015)

Nice to see that 4% of respondents chose the "Don't choose this" option. ๐Ÿ™‚

If there is one thing I've learned from SQLServerCentral is that you should always look for traps!

Thats def a trap! ๐Ÿ™‚

• I found it very interesting that you could declare '@' as a variable. I did not know that. I could see this happening accidentally at some point, so it's good to know that won't actually throw an error.

+ 1

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• Number of points:

I would fire

-whoever hired a DBA who " only knows how to copy and paste"!!" - as they don't sound qualified to me.

-anyone who can't do the maths to calculate the number of years between the start of a century and a given date - they don't sound number literate to me

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply