the connection type "MSORA" is not recognized as a valid connection name

• hello ,

can anybody help me with the problem:

when I tried to run package from SQL Server management studio I get the error:

the connection type "MSORA" specified for connection manager "ConnectionToOracle" is not recognized as a valid connection name

this error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type, check the spelling in the connection type name. Check the speling in the connection type name.

When I run the project from VisualStudio its runing well.

What can I do with it.

please, help.

• jnsosnowski (5/10/2014)

hello ,

can anybody help me with the problem:

when I tried to run package from SQL Server management studio I get the error:

the connection type "MSORA" specified for connection manager "ConnectionToOracle" is not recognized as a valid connection name

this error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type, check the spelling in the connection type name. Check the speling in the connection type name.

When I run the project from VisualStudio its runing well.

What can I do with it.

please, help.

Quick questions, is this on the same system and what happens when you run the package with dtexec?

😎

• Hi there!

I have exactly the same problem. I am attempting to transfer my Development environment from 1 machine to another, and am getting this error on the new machine. Everything works fine on the old one.

There is clearly something that I need to install on my new machine, but I don't know what it is!

• Oracle Client and the use of OracleOleDB?

MSOra is probably the old deprecated oracle driver

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply