Taking too Much of time to Load

• Hi,

In my system, i have VS 2005. I have SSIS Packages and i am working on this last 6 month. Since from last week my packages taking too much of time to open and also for running the same. Can guys tell me how to solve this?

Each time, i am getting Microsoft busy with internal operations message.

Is there any patch that i need to update?

---

• There are some many things that can cause this.

Do you open all the packages at the same time?

Do you use a lot of package configurations?

When SSIS opens a package, it will validate that package, so if you open quite a lot of packages this can take some time.

Maybe it is just your computer that is running slow. Do you have enough RAM? Do you restart it from time to time?

Regarding slow execution times, that is something that should be looked at for each package specifically. But execution times in BIDS itself are not representative. You can only truly performance test by using the DTEXEC command line tool.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• No Koen. I didn't open all the package at a time and i have only one configuration in it. Even for a small package also it takes time to open.

But if i open the same package it goes smooth. 🙂 It happen in my system only. Can you tell me what are the reasons behind this?

• If it happens only at your system, you should take a good look at your computer. Is there enough RAM?

Maybe you can try to re-install BIDS.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Perhaps you could also try a system restore to when your system was working well - assuming you have a suitable restore point, of course.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Koen Verbeeck (7/12/2011)

If it happens only at your system, you should take a good look at your computer. Is there enough RAM?

Maybe you can try to re-install BIDS.

Even, it was working fine early before and i have re-installed my BIDS. But i have noticed that, last week my IT team did some patch update. May be because of this causing this type of issue.

But sometimes i am getting The objects invoked has disconnected from clients error. Is this because of my patch update?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply