Super Bowl 2020 live

• Hi

as part of a migration i'm looking to see which servers are ACTIVELY using a linked server against the box I am migrating.

We can use DNS to temporarily resolve routing issues for the migration, but if there is sql authentication involved and no one documented the password, then I have to make a new account on the target machine and re-create the authentication on the linked server

1st thoughts profiler or XE trace on the box I intend to destroy and see the usernames of inbound connections.. then rule out all of the ones that never occur (left outer join scenario)

thing is - I have maybe 60 devices I would class as linked servers - and approx. 1000 workstations - I want to filter my trace on ONLY the  linked server connections - I know i'm going to have to script this, but any guidance is much appreciated... heck, if someone already had a script for something similar then I would buy them a beer

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• superrbowll wrote:

Hi

as part of a migration i'm looking to see which servers are ACTIVELY using a linked server against the box I am migrating.

We can use DNS to temporarily resolve routing issues for the migration, but if there is sql authentication involved and no one documented the password, then I have to make a new account on the target machine and re-create the authentication on the linked server

1st thoughts profiler or XE trace on the box I intend to destroy and see the usernames of inbound connections.. then rule out all of the ones that never occur (left outer join scenario)

thing is - I have maybe 60 devices I would class as linked servers - and approx. 1000 workstations - I want to filter my trace on ONLY the  linked server connections - I know i'm going to have to script this, but any guidance is much appreciated... heck, if someone already had a script for something similar then I would buy them a beer

audacity[/url] temp mail[/url] origin[/url]

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply